“Our constitutional right to bear arms is one of the essential freedoms we enjoy as Americans, so I am honored to receive the support of these Hoosier gun owners,” said Donnelly. “I am proud to be a strong believer in Americans' right to bear arms and pledge to continue my work to protect and defend that right in the United States Senate.”
Terry Goodin, State Representative from Austin, said, "When it comes to the basic principles of freedom, it boils down to the simple matter of trust. There is no candidate I trust more than Joe Donnelly to protect Hoosiers' Second Amendment rights in the U.S. Senate."
Jim Paxton, Detective Lieutenant in the Wells County Sheriff’s Department, said, “Joe understands the concerns and needs of middle-class families because he is one of us. I am glad we have someone like Joe who is truly concerned about the rights of gun owners as well as the rights of everyone in Indiana.”
Members of Gun Owners for Donnelly include:
- Terry Goodin, State Representative from Austin, Indiana. State Representative Goodin has an A+ rating from the National Rifle Association, the highest rating any legislator can earn for their support of the Second Amendment in the Indiana General Assembly.
- Eric Williams, Vanderburgh County Sheriff from Evansville, Indiana. Williams was first elected County Sheriff in 2007.
- Mike Kemp from Kokomo, Indiana. Kemp is employed at the Chrysler plant and has been a gun owner for 24 years.
- Stacy Hart from Rochester, Indiana. Hart has been a gun owner for nearly 10 years, and she and her whole family hunt.
- Joe King from Indianapolis, Indiana. King is an avid sportsman and has been the business manager of the Dirty Dozen Hunting and Fishing Club, Inc., for 32 years.
- Randy Strasser, Mayor of Delphi, Indiana. Mayor Strasser is in his second term as mayor and has been a gun owner for over 30 years.
- Jim Paxton, Detective Lieutenant for the Wells County Sheriff’s Department, from Bluffton, Indiana. Paxton, an Army veteran, has served as a police officer for 22 years.
- Alan Chowning, farmer from Sullivan County, Indiana. Chowning grows soybeans on his farm, in addition to being a gun owner and former state representative.